Thursday 6th November 2014
Field day 7.00 am : Meet at main entrance of the Panorama hotel 7.30 am : Buses departure
Option 1: LONG TRIP: RN 1 Antananarivo – Analavory : 110 km
Hosting institution: AGRISUD INTERNATIONAL
- Site 1: Mangatany: RN 1 asphalted + 4 km non asphalted to access to the field.Agroforestry: Coffee (Coffea Arabica) and Orange trees intercropped with Acacia mangium, alleys to be filled with Stylosanthes guianensis, Composting etc..;
- Site 2: Arivonimamo RN1: New reclaimed land; Terraces, hedgerows, fruit trees….
- Site 3: Remains of endemic tapia forest (http://www.feedbackmadagascar.org/eng/whatwedo/projects/proj_silk.php): fire tolerant forest trees, good views
- Site 4: Makonga, RN 1, Analavory area Agroforestry: orange trees, Acacia mangium, intercropped with Stylosanthes guianensis, liquid compost, organic farming (counter season beans on paddy field), and contour planting on the hillsides.
Option 2: SHORT TRIP: RN 2 Antananarivo- Ambanitsena : 50 km Hosting institution: SAF FJKM
- Site 5: SAF FJKM, SAF FJKM ISOAVINA, RN 2 (half hour walking)
Training center (confessional): Compost, organic farming, lombricompost, fruit trees, Conservation agriculture• Farmers under organic farming: vegetables, flowers, taro varieties under farm’s testing